You’ve waited a whole week to learn some more indispensable facts. I hope your wait was not in vain, and that these facts will add to your “continuing education” credits.
1. One out of 20 people have an extra rib. If you think that all men have one less than all women, then you will have a real problem with this fact. But it is true – males and females each have 12 pairs, therefore 24 ribs. I wonder why some people just assumed that God took a 25th from Adam, and when God created Eve, God added that extra to her 24, (at least as far as the book of Genesis goes). Seems as logical to me to assume that after removing the 25th rib from Adam, God used that one to create 24 for Eve. Why not make us all equal? Maybe it was a reconsideration God made after making the prototype. According to George Burns’ God, God made some mistakes. ”Ostrich – a silly looking bird, and the avocado – “I made the pit too big.” (“Oh, God!” 1977, screenplay by Larry Gelbart). So, perhaps God reconsidered that 25th rib. But the fact says that 1 out of 20 people have an extra rib. Since more than 1 out of 20 people are female, one could extrapolate. . .forget it. This could go on forever, or end up in a Scopes trial in Tennessee somewhere. . .
2. Every three days a human stomach gets a new lining. What if you need one more often? Does FedEx make special deliveries, because I can tell you right now, after giving you that first fact, above, I’ve used up what I have and could use a new one, pronto.
3. The fur of the binturong, also known as the “Asian Bear Cat,” smells like popcorn. The scent is believed to come from a gland near the tail. I would love to know who it was who discovered that, and how many animal butts he sniffed before finding out that the actual source was coming from the office next door, where some guy was microwaving popcorn?
4. A monkey was once tried and convicted for smoking a cigarette in South Bend, Indiana. He must have been either under age, or forgot his Driver’s License ID. Don’t you find it odd that a monkey would be arrested for smoking, but not for driving? What is South Bend coming to? Although I would suppose that a monkey’s driving could not be any worse than that of some human drivers I’ve seen.
5. Most lipstick contains fish scales. I don’t know. . .(wait for it). . .sounds fishy to me.
For this weeks, I’ve given you facts enough. . .