If she didn’t post these quizzes, you wouldn’t have to read my versions – so if you don’t like it, speak to the One and Only Cin! Here goes:
LAST PERSON WHO
1. Slept in a bed beside you: Not really a person, but our dog, Princess. (And more like ON me!)
2. Saw you cry: Everyone who might have looked my direction in the choir loft at the 11 a.m. service this morning at church. Sometimes I can’t help it – I am so overwhelmed. Fortunately, I’m not the only one!
3. Went to the movies with you: Hubs
4. You went to the mall with: Hubs, again – and just this past Friday!
5. You went to dinner with: Hubs again, on Friday. We went for the first time to a Chinese restaurant in Asheville, The China Palace. Sleazy looking on the outside, but on the inside, fabulous, and it was gourmet and truly regional Chinese food! Fantastic! A great surprise – we’ll be going back!
6. You talked to on the phone: My future daughter-in-law, Sarah Beth Corcoran. Making plans to help with their moving day tomorrow to a lovely new house they will be sharing with another of our sons and his family: Suddie and the one and only Zoë! Hurray They are moving to Asheville area tomorrow and will be sharing a huge and beautiful house in Fairview. (Fairview is a small suburb of Asheville.)
7. Said ‘I love you’ to and really meant it: The forementioned Sarah Beth.
8. Made you laugh: Our pastor, Chuck Wilson, during his sermon. He told a great joke that I have heard many times before, but it’s still funny, and he told it well: It seems that God was concerned with the spiritual condition of all humans, so he sent St. Peter down to earth to check things out, find out if anybody was actually following the Golden Rule. After searching over the earth, St. Peter returned to God and told God that unfortunately, only 5% of the population of the earth were even trying to abide by that rule. The other 95% acted as though they had never even heard of it. Just to make sure, God asked Michael the Archangel to check it out as well, and see if he would corroborate St, Peter’s story. “Yes,” Michael said, “indeed, things are as bad as You have been told.” So, God decided to send a message, an e-mail – not to the 95%, but to the 5% who were faithfully following the Rule. God wanted to encourage them and give them hope and a pat on the back. And do you know what the message said? Neither do I. (If any of you got that message, would you please let me know what was in it??
WOULD YOU RATHER
1. Pierce your nose or tongue: I don’t know. . .maybe I’d rather fork my tongue. Sometimes I speak with one anyway.
2. Be serious or be funny: Definitely funny. Unfortunately, the times I’m most funny are when it is least appropriate.
3. Drink whole or skim milk: When I drink it, which is seldom now, I drink skimmed, or 2%. Whole tastes like I’m drinking heavy cream.
4. Die in a fire or drown: I have to die? Paying taxes, I know about, but death?
5. Spend time with your parents or enemies: Definitely my Mom and Dad. I would have them here in the room with me and ask all the questions I forgot to ask. And of course, I would bask in the glow of their presence. Not a day goes by that I don’t miss them. However, I will say that when I am cooking one of my Dad’s recipes, I will feel him standing over my shoulder and smiling. My Mom shows up sometimes when I’m setting the dinner table, and I feel her joy and approval that we are actually sitting down to a meal together!
1. Simple or complicated: About as complicated as they come. I haven’t even figured myself out, although I sometimes expect others to!
2. Straight or Gay: Straight, but I hope not straight-laced! And my mother would love for me to be gay, but in the original sense. She always hated the fact that word had been co-opted!
DO YOU PREFER
1. Flowers or candy: Once again – I have to choose?
2. Grey or black: Grey – love it, in all its hues. But I also like black, and wear quite a bit of it. Slimming, you know. . .
3. Color or Black and white photos: Depends on the subject matter. Love B&W portraits; color landscapes.
4. Lust or love: There is no contest – LOVE. Lust doesn’t compare, quickly fades, and often leaves a bad taste in the mouth (or elsewhere).
5. Sunrise or sunset: Sunrise, at the beach. I’m rather fond of Sonrise, too. . .
6. M&Ms or Skittles: M&M’s – almond. Yum! Wish they had dark chocolate covered ones with the candy coating – since they don’t, I content myself with Hershey Nuggets in Special Dark, with almonds. Good stuff, and sort of good for you – at least that’s what I tell myself.
7. Staying up late or waking up early: Waking early – and it’s a good thing, because I wake up earlier and earlier all the time!
DO YOU PREFER
1. Sun or moon: I prefer the sun by day and the moon by night. . .generally.
2. Winter or Fall: There are things to love about both, but I think the beautiful colors of Fall tip the scales in its favor.
3. Left or right: Politically speaking? Left.
4. 10 acquaintances or having two best friends: All the acquaintances in the world would not equal even one best friend.
5. Vanilla ice cream or chocolate ice cream: Vanilla. There’s so much more than you can do with it!
6. Vodka or Jack: Since they both accomplish the same thing, either one is fine by me!
1. What time is it: There’s always time for Jell-o. . .or is that room? Whatever. . .
2. Where were you born: St. Therese Hospital, Beaumont, Texas, USA
3. What is your birth date: April 15, 1951
4. What do you want: I’m proud to say that most of the time I want what I have, which is far better than than wanting what I don’t. I already have what I really need. I do admit to occasionally wanting some things, however, such as a Konica DSLR camera. I’m not holding my breath though.
5. Where do you want to live: Wherever my family is. That way I’m always home.
6. How many kids do you want: I’d love many more, but my three sons and their spouses are sufficient, and, of course, enough. . .
7. What would you want to name a girl: We had a name picked out: Amy Laurel Calhoun. Still like it.
8. What would you want to name a boy: We named the two I gave birth to Joshua Ryals, and Matthew Tohline. We wanted very much to name Matthew after our fathers: Max Clayton. Unfortunately my Dad would have none of it! (Shouldn’t have asked or told him! Later on, one of my brothers named their son Andrew Max. He goes by Max, and my Dad loved it! Go figure. . .)
9. Do you want to get married: Yup. Good thing. 35 years so far, and each year better than the last. “Plus qu’hier; moins que demain.” I will say that before I was married I had decided that I would never marry, although if I ever did, I would NEVER marry a minister. Which of course I did. Never say never. . .
1. Nervous Habits: Covering my mouth when I laugh or smile. I hate the look of my teeth.
2. Are you double jointed: Double, triple, quadruple, etc. I am way over flexible, and it gets me into all sorts of arthritic and other trouble.
3. Can you roll your tongue: Is that the same as rolling your R’s? I can do that, and I can sort of contort my tongue.
4. Can you raise one eyebrow: Always wanted to, and I have practiced, but still can’t do it very well, unless I hold one down.
5. Can you cross your eyes: Can I ever! It’s a good thing they don’t really freeze that way, like my mother used to tell me.
6. Do you make your bed daily: My hubs does.
7. Which shoe goes on first: Used to be the right, but now that I have a brace on my left foot/ankle, I always put the left on first and get that out of the way.
8. Ever thrown one at someone: Don’t think so, although my kids may beg to differ – don’t really know. I have thrown shoes at our dogs, though! (I always miss!)
9. On the average, how much money do you carry on you: Not much; if I ever get any, it doesn’t stay on me long.
10. What jewelry do you wear: My engagement and wedding rings, the ring my Daddy gave me, and a gold chain with two heart pendants – sapphire & diamond from my hubs and carnelian from my Dad.
1. Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it: Twirl it, with my fork against a spoon, the Italian way.
2. Favorite ice cream: Right now, it’s Cookies and Cream. Mmmmm. . .
3. How many kinds of cereal are in your cabinet: Four.
4. Do you cook: Yes, and I love to, but I’m doing it less and less these days. Read my next post, and you will discover why.
IN THE LAST MONTH, HAVE YOU (YES OR NO)
1. Had a bitchfit: My answer is “No.” My hubs might say “Yes.” Who knows?
2. Bought something you didn’t need: If I did, it was probably food. Always have more than I really need.
3. Sang in front of people: Just this morning, in choir. And last week I sang a solo!
4. Been kissed: Yup. I’ll do just about anything to get one, too. Fortunately I don’t have to do much! (Except kiss back!)
5. Been hugged: Oh yes! I’m married to a champion hugger, and mother to three more, plus I’m no slouch myself!
6. Felt stupid: Who, me? Stupid is as stupid does! Again, read my next post!
7. Gotten drunk: Last time was in college. Decided I didn’t like it. I’m too much of a control freak!
8. Gotten high: I’ll go for trite: I get high on life every day. . .(uh-huh!)
9. Danced Crazy: It’s the only way I know how to – and I’m not even good at that!
10. Had your hair cut: Yes; but you will have to guess which one.
11. Cried: Rivers. Oceans. . .
12. Lied: Little ol’ ME? NEVER!
Thus endeth the quiz, and the post. I trust it is enough. . .