(Once again, thank you, Sidey! I know you tagged me not so much because you love me, but because you knew I was someone who could get suckered into it. Now if I can only come up with a few of those. . .)
OK my Gentle Readers – as you can see from the above aside to Sidey (he-he), I have been tagged. It has become my responsibility, just by the click of Sidey’s cursor on my name, to fulfill the following responsibilities:
Sidey tells me in her list of instructions that because I am tagged it does not mean I can run off with the privilege and dismiss doing anything about it – which was of course my first instinct. But, instinct be damned – I will follow the rules, despite it being what might be a complete waste of time. . .but alas! – probably fun, too! Here are the immutable laws of being tagged:
1. You must post the rules. (Check)
2. Answer the questions asked of you by your tagger, and then compose eleven new questions for the people you are about to tag.
3. Tag eleven people, and link them to your post. Assuming you have eleven people in your life. Of course you do! You have me for one, but unfortunately, I am immune ’cause I’ve already done did it!
4. Let the eleven
unfortunate ones know that you have tagged them.
Herewith the questions I am obligated to answer:
1. What made you start blogging? The evidently unbalanced woman known as me. And believe me, she is a definite what!
2. What’s your pet aversion in people you meet through a) Work b) Family My aversions tend not to be pets. I do have aversions to anybody who acts like I do. It is so hard to see all your bad habit in somebody else and simultaneously recognize yourself in them. . . That aversion goes for people at my former workplace, and the people in my family!
3. Have you ever lost a child you were responsible for in a public place? I don’t think so, but wait. Let me go check. . . Uh, what am I looking for? I know! My keys! And where the heck are they? Must have lost them in a public place. . .
4. What is the funniest joke you know? I probably shouldn’t tell you, because it is deadly, but here it is:
5. What do you want to be when you’re all grown up? I don’t plan on growing up. I mean, it hasn’t happened so far, and since I’ll be 61 next month, the chances for any further growth are growing scarcer by the day.
6. Have you ever danced in the rain? Did you take your clothes off? Two separate questions. Yes I have danced in the rain. I have also danced on my grave. Did I take my clothes off? When? I mean I took a shower a couple of weeks ago, and I am quite sure I took my clothes off. At least I’m pretty sure.
7. Where is your first love now? Do you know? Do you care? Downstairs at the desktop computer looking at real estate listings. Yes I know because I was with him not five minutes ago. I care. Don’t know why, but I do!
8. What was your worst “fashion mistake?” Getting too fat. Simply does not work if you want to be fashionable. Common, yes. Fashionable? No.
9. Did you ever think you were going to be famous? For what? Aren’t I? At least I am a legend in my own mind.
10. Sushi or Hamburger? Why? Do I have to choose? Why? I find a good restaurant that serves both, I’m getting both.
11. What was the most exciting day of your life (so far)? The day I got tagged. I am so excited, I can hardly stand it. It’s effect is like the world’s funniest joke, so be careful. . .
To the following people – TAG! You’re it!: Woman of Worth, The Toemailer, Today I Think, Sweetie Pie, Sons of Thunder, Lavender and Lime, House of Happy, Agrigirl’s Blog, My Poetry, Figments of a Dutchess, Wight Rabbit.
Here are your eleven questions:
1. Do you know the way to San José?
2. What do you get when you fall in love?
3. What’s it all about, Alfie?
4. Why do fools fall in love?
5. What kind of fool am I?
6. How do you solve a problem like Maria?
7. What are you doing the rest of your life?
8. Do you think I’m sexy?
9. What’s love go to do with it?
10. When will I see you again?
11. Are you lonesome tonight?
Please be honest in your answers, all ye who have been tagged. That’s important – especially you, Alfie!
Whew! That’s enough. . .