Oh goody! More indispensable facts to add to your knowledge portfolio!
1. People of Ancient China believed that swinging your arms could cure a headache. Actually, I think this is something that could catch on again. When someone is giving me a headache, I am going to start swinging my arms! If, in the process, I am able to get in a good solid blow to that person’s nose, my headache should be taken care of! There are a few politicians out there who should probably make it their business not to be within an arm’s distance of me. . .ever.
2. Catfish have tastebuds located on their whiskers. Hey! Who is giving catfish beer to drink? Why are they wasting it on those disgusting fish! And, really, why give them something they aren’t going to be able to taste when they drink it? It just sits on their whiskers. All they can do is taste it on their whiskers, for goodness’ sake! That’s cruel! I don’t like those bottom-feeder fish, but I don’t think we need to be mean about it! Giving them something they might want, but can’t taste is just not right.
Sorry. I just read that fact again. It says that they have tastebuds (one word) on their whiskers. I guess that means they don’t get the Buds. Well, it’s a good thing. As for the rest of my comment, just call me Emily Litella.
3. The Bible has been translated into Klingon. “Ha’, maghIr, ‘ej pa’ Holchaj wImISmoH, vaj wa’ nuv QIch yajlaHbe’ latlh.” (Genesis 11:7) (Look it up for yourselves!) I see more clearly now. There is waste of time, and then again there is waste of time. K’Plaaah! You guys!
4. Most dinosaurs walked on their toes. As long as they didn’t walk on mine, I reckon that’s OK. But, I wonder – did they walk on each other’s toes? I mean, stop and think about it! No wonder they all went extinct. All that egregious stepping-on-toes could have very easily started a dinosaur war to end all dinosaurs. . .
(You will have to pardon me – [no pun intended. Well. . . maybe it is] for the next two facts. It seems that an inordinate number of my factoids have to do with human gas. I can’t help it! When I see statistics such as these, they just amaze me. I am amazed because there are actually people in this world who have spent a lot of time scientifically coming up with these statistics. What a job! Of course, then there is the blogger, (who shall remain nameless), who will actually report it.)
5. If you fart consistently (and constantly, I presume!) for six years and nine months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb. Six years and nine months. . .is that all? Who did they use as the test subject for this finding, and what did they feed this person? (Must not have given him/her enough cabbage and broccoli.) Was the person restricted to one room? Or did s/he have some sort of portable gas-catching device strapped to his/her behind? Also, when did they know they had enough gas to equal an atomic bomb’s energy? Did they use the White Sands testing facility? The mind positively boggles. . .
6. About 25 percent of all the energy consumed in the United States is from natural gas. Wouldn’t you know this would be the follow-up fact? I’ll let you fill in the blanks on this one. There are plenty of comments to be made, and they are floating up there with their source. . .
I am off now to my favorite Mexican restaurant. I have this sudden craving for refried beans! Besides, I’ve enlightened you enough. . .